The City of Paris uses multiple tools to share important information with residents.
Notifications via email, phone and text messages
The City of Paris utilizes RAVE Alert and Smart 911™ to alert residents and businesses of important news, announcements, and emergency information via email, phone, or text messaging. RAVE Alerts is used to share emergency information, utility, transportation and other important messages.
The secure, customized Community Notification Enrollment (CNE) page allows residents and businesses to add or update their contact information to ensure they will be included when a message is sent - unlisted numbers, mobile numbers, TDD/TTY requirements can all be entered. Click Here to Signup
Residents and businesses are welcome and encouraged to enter their contact information for home, business, and mobile phones. Unlisted numbers will be kept in strict confidence and the City will not share any information with any third party. TDD/TTY requirements can also be entered into the system.
Local Cable Television Override
Optimum cable television allows the City to override the cable television system to deliver important information to its subscribers. When activated, regardless of the channel being viewed, the screen will be interrupted and a live audio message will be delivered on the channel. Weather alerts, warnings, Amber Alerts, Silver Alerts, and other local notifications are delivered by this method.
All local media outlets, including radio and television broadcasters and print media regularly partner with the City of Paris to deliver important information to the area via radio, television, newspapers, internet and social media.
Outdoor Sirens located across the City of Paris are used to notify residents of emergency situations. When activated residents are encouraged to see additional information about the current situation by tuning to local broadcast stations and monitoring the internet and social media. The Outdoor Siren system is tested on the last Friday of each month at 10:00 a.m., except when severe weather activity is or may soon occur.
RAVE Alert FAQs
- What's the difference between Smart911 and RAVE Alert?
- Can I include my family members?
- How do I know my Safety Profile was successfully created?
- How does Smart911 work?
- How long does it take to create a Safety Profile?
- Is my information secure?
- Is there a cost to sign up for Smart911?
- Once I have signed up do I need to do anything else?
- What if English is not my primary language?
- What is a Safety Profile?
- What is the Smart911 App?
- What kind of information can I list in my safety profile?
- Who should create a Safety Profile?
- Will my Safety Profile still work if something happens to the Rave Mobile Safety databases?