Sanitation - Solid Waste
CARDS Holdings, Inc. provides residential trash service in the City of Paris.
96-gallon poly carts were delivered to each household by during the week of Monday, January 22, 2024. Any residential trash customer in the City of Paris who did not receive a CARDS trash cart with an orange lid should call CARDS at 877-592-2737.
Each cart should hold six to seven full kitchen-size trash bags. Additional carts can be arranged by contacting the City of Paris Water Billing office. Extra carts are $7.00 per month per cart.
Residential Trash Service
CARDS Waste Disposal provides residential trash service to the City of Paris. Press Release about the transition to CARDS
A flyer provided by CARDS was delivered with each cart and includes information about using the new trash carts.
The City of Paris bills for residential trash service as part of the water and sewer utility bill. To start new trash service or request additional poly carts, contact the City of Paris Utilities Billing Department at 903-784-9271.
To report missed pick-ups, broken, vandalized or stolen poly carts, or to schedule a bulk pick-up service, call 877-59-CARDS.
CARDS will empty the poly cart container and up to three cubic yards of bulk materials from each residential customer once per week. Call 877-59-CARDS to schedule pick up of bulk materials greater than 3 cubic yards, additional fees may apply.
CARDS will operate five residential service routes in the City of Paris and pick up one route daily, Monday through Friday, between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. A map showing each route area is available below. If you need assistance determining your pick-up day, call CARDS at 877-59-CARDS.
A list of Frequently Asked Questions is below the service route map. If you have additional questions, call CARDS at 877-59-CARDS or visit the Paris CARDS office at 5501 Bonham Street.
Commercial Trash Service
After September 1, 2024, CARDS will be the exclusive provider of commercial trash service, including commercial poly carts and dumpsters. Roll-off dumpsters are available from multiple service providers authorized by the City of Paris. Before September 1, 2024, commercial trash service can continue with existing providers authorized by the city. Trash services for industrial clients and taxing entities, like Lamar County, school districts, and Paris Junior College, are not included in the exclusive provider provision for commercial customers.
To prepare for the Sept. 1 transition to CARDS commercial trash service, they will contact local businesses before the transition to assess their trash collection needs, like the dumpster size needed and the number of collections each week.
Bulk Drop Off
Residential customers may also drop off up to four cubic yards of bulk materials at the Sanitation Solutions Dump Station located behind 1802 S. Church Street. You must present a current City of Paris water bill and a photo ID with an address that matches the water bill to use this service.
Construction and Industrial Trash Service
Construction and Industrial trash services requiring roll-off dumpsters or other solid waste disposal services should contact a service provider that is authorized by the City of Paris.
- When will CARDS begin trash pick-up in the City of Paris?
- How many times a week will my trash be collected?
- When is my pick-up day?
- Where should I put my cart for pick-up?
- What happens when there is a holiday?
- Should I contact the City of Paris or CARDS if I have a question?
- Will CARDS haul off my old trash can?
- Why wasn't my cart or extra waste picked up?
- By what time should the cart be at the curb?
- Will CARDS return to my address if I forget to put my trash out on time?
- How do I schedule an extra pick-up?
- How do I set out bulky trash or brush?
- How much does a bulky or brush pick-up cost?
- My poly cart has been vandalized or damaged. What do I do?
- How do I set up new service?
- How do I request a hardship collection service for households with no one capable of moving the trash cart to the curb??
- How do I order carts for newly constructed houses?
- What if I'm moving, do I take my cart to my new address?
- Can I order additional garbage collection carts?
- Can I exchange my collection cart?
- What if my garbage cart lid or body is broken? How do I get a replacement?
- What if I miss garbage collection day?
- Can I place items outside of the collection cart?
- What items can I place in the cart?
- How do I dispose of appliances?
- What items will NOT be collected?
- What size and how much can be set out for collection?
- We are a retail store, church, or nonprofit agency. Will we receive a cart or dumpster, and how will we be billed?
- What service assistance can be provided for citizens who cannot push a poly cart to the curb?
- Will drop-off recycling still be available?
- Will there be a charge or deposit for the cart?
- Will the carts be marked with my address, or can I paint my address on the cart?
- What should I do if my cart is damaged, lost, or stolen?
- How do I dispose of leaves in the fall?
- Will limbs and branches that fall during storms be picked up for free?
- Does CARDS have a local office and phone number?
- Can residents continue to take furniture and appliances to the Sanitation Solutions Dump Station on Evergreen Street?
- Will CARDS host a hazardous waste drop-off day for city residents?
- How do I dispose of unused paint?
- What do I do if I can't lift my trash into my cart?