Historic Preservation Commission
- No. of Members: 7
- Length of Term: 2 yrs.
- Appointed By: City Council
- Regular Meeting Day: 2nd Wednesday.
- Meeting Time: 4:00 p.m. (if special meeting is needed, will be conducted on the 4th Monday at 4:00 p.m.)
- Meeting Location: Council Chamber
- Duties/Purpose: Adopt rules and procedures; adopt identification criteria and rules for delineation of historic district boundaries; conduct and administer historic resource surveys; recommend designation of districts and landmarks; establish committees as needed; produce and distribute minutes of meetings; develop public outreach/education/awareness programs; approve/disapprove certificates of appropriateness; provide design and other reasonable forms of advice to owners and tenants of historic properties in the certificate of appropriateness review process; recommend acquisition of endangered historic resources to the City Council; submit an annual report to City Council; prepare and promote design guidelines for landmarks/districts. Membership is reserved for an architect, a member of a local Historical Society, a member of the Main Street Advisory Board; an owner of or resident or tenant in a landmark property or property in a Historic District; and three at large members.
|Timothy Alexander||7/13/2020 – 6/30/2022|
|Matt Coyle (At-large, historic)||7/02/2020 – 6/30/2022|
|Randy Hider (resides in Historic District)||7/02/2020 – 6/30/2022|
|Glee Emmite (Main Street)||7/01/2019 – 6/30/2021|
|Laura Caffey (architect)||7/01/2019 – 6/30/2021|
|Linda Vandiver (Historical Society)||7/02/2020 – 6/30/2022|
|Chris Dux (historic property)||8/10/2019 – 6/30/2021|
|Council Liaison||Linda Knox|
|Staff Liaison||Cheri Bedford|